We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Scientist to join the team at iHeartRadio to help us with our mission to reshape the world of music and podcasts. Data Science is at the heart of creating a data-driven culture at iHeartRadio. We help to define and deliver an unrivaled personalized music experience to our users by working closely with cross-functional with teams of Data Engineers, Product Managers, Marketing Manager’s, and BI/Analytics. As a full stack team, we engage with this mission at every level; we understand our user’s intents and preferences through data, and design and engineer products that directly connect our users to the music they’ll love.
- A deep understanding of machine learning algorithms and statistics
- Scientific or quantitative computing experience (Python, R, Spark)
- Experience working with distributed datasets (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, SQL)
- The ability to tell a story with data (large scale analysis, data visualization)
- Experience writing production code (such as Python, Java, or Scala)
- An understanding of best practices in software engineering (git, CI/CD, etc)
- (Preferred) a Masters of PhD degree in computer science of a quantitative discipline (statistics, mathematics, economics, etc) OR 4+ years of previous work experience as a data scientist
- Solving complex real world problems
- Collaborating with business stakeholders to understand requirements and socialize solutions
- Designing and implementing novel machine learning methods
- Evaluating new paradigms for deploying machine learning models
- Staying atop the most recent developments and best practices in a quickly changing field
- Writing scientific papers and giving talks (preferred)
In your first six months, your work will result in releasing new audio data products directly to our 120+ million users. You will also build models to predict and understand the user journey through typical listening lifecycles. You will have end to end ownership of your code, though ideally you also relish reviewing a good pull request. If you enjoy building machine learning models, working with large data sets, and having a direct impact to a dynamic business, then this is a good role for you.
We strongly believe in being an active part of our community. We teach, write, give tech talks, release open source projects, and would love it if you also shared these passions. Take a look at a few of our recent blog posts to get an idea:
iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s digital radio platform, is the fastest growing digital audio service in the U.S. and offers users thousands of live radio stations, personalized custom artist stations created by just one song or seed artist, and the top podcasts and personalities. iHeartRadio is a great environment for people who like to innovate and have the power to influence decisions. We have 120+ million registered users across over 200 different platforms, and outside the US, we are in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and Mexico!