We are looking for an enthusiastic software engineer to join our growing platform engineering team. Our platform engineering team is responsible for providing digital and personalized radio services to millions of users, including millions of songs and thousands of stations. These services range from personalized artist and song radio; station recommendations per the “For You” feature; popular content trending throughout the iHeartRadio network of local station web sites; social sharing to FB, Twitter, G+, etc. If you are interested in working in a highly distributed and scalable agile environment where performance and building amazing products that reach tens of millions of users at thousands of requests per second is important, we are the place to be. We are highly focused on using the right tools for the job, building component based system architecture and giving ownership and responsibility to our autonomous team.
- Designing, developing and deploying scalable backend services for new and existing products and features
- Working on our Scala/Akka micro-service backend API platform that powers the features and functionality of our clients
- Collaborating and working closely within team/engineering as well as cross-functional teams
- Being part of designing and building reactive real time systems that services millions of users
- Experience working in high scale/distributed systems where high availability, low latency and scalability is key
- Experience in continuous deployment and testing
- Strong experience working in concurrent and parallel programming
- Deep knowledge of algorithms and data structure and how to apply them when designing and building systems
- Solid experience in Scala/Java and at least one other programming language
- Experience with Kafka, Spark is desired but not required
- Experience with SQL/NOSQL systems such as MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgresSQL
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
iHeartMedia is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.