iHeartRadio is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our Content Platform team, which processes, transcodes, and ultimately publishes millions of songs and podcasts to our iHeartRadio applications. We ingest hundreds of thousands of tracks monthly for a catalog of over 40 million media products. In this role, you’ll build tools and automation that support various phases of our Content lifecycle. iHeartRadio is available on 200+ different platforms, from web/mobile to all major auto to Amazon Alexa/Google Home/Samsung.
- 6+ years solid experience in Python and at least one other programming language
- Experience implementing decoupled asynchronous message-based systems
- Experience architecting and deploying to cloud based infrastructure, platforms and services
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures and how to apply them when designing and building systems
- Experience with SQL/NOSQL systems such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Postgres, Redis etc
- Experience with message brokers such as Kafka, Kinesis, SQS, SNS, RabbitMQ etc.
- Experience in continuous deployment and testing methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Designing, developing, testing, and deploying scalable media ingestion and real time publication services for music, video, and other digital content
- Providing technical guidance and mentorship to a team of engineers.
- Evaluating, selecting and socializing technology stacks, design principles and best practices
- Collaborating and coordinating with software engineering, data engineering, content processing and product teams
- Participating in defining the technology road map and best practices across the engineering organization
You will have the opportunity to interact and collaborate with a variety of partners as we continue to internationalize, partnering with large-scale broadcast companies to consumer electronics. If you are interested in joining and leading a lean team of engineers working in a fast-paced agile environment, building amazing products reaching tens of millions of users, this is a great place to be. We are highly focused on using the right tools for the job, building decoupled flexible architectures, and committed to fostering ownership and responsibility to autonomous teams.
iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s digital radio platform, is the fastest growing digital audio service in the U.S. and offers users thousands of live radio stations, personalized custom artist stations created by just one song or seed artist, and the top podcasts and personalities. iHeartRadio is a great environment for people who like to innovate and have the power to influence decisions. We have 120+ million registered users across over 200 different platforms, and outside the US, we are in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and Mexico!