iHeartRadio is seeking multiple talented associate mobile engineers to join our world class iOS engineering team in our new Nashville iHeartRadio tech hub! This is an exciting opportunity to be one of the first people on the ground as we open our second ever iHeartRadio HQ. As a part of our world-class software engineering team, you will be architecting, designing, developing, and supporting one of the most visible and most used products. Ideally, you feel right at home within a tight knit, fast moving Agile team alongside your engineering colleagues, product managers and test engineers who care about good coding.
In this role, expect to build key features on the main iHeartRadio iOS platform and work to improve many others. You will also help improve performance, update analytics processing, hunt down bugs, and construct additional pylons. Expect to write unit tests, and ideally you know about continuous integration and enjoy pull request code review dialogue! Maybe you have worked in a vertical team before with full stack engineers and tried your hand at writing the server-side APIs on a project as well? If you have ever been kept up all night, at least once, racking your brain on how to fix a bad bug or improve app performance, this might be the role for you!
- Developing, debugging, testing and deploying features on iHeart iOS apps and remote, automotive clients
- Updating common code libraries used in phones, tablets, watches, TVs and automobiles
- Devising creative solutions to improve streaming features and mobile user experience
- Writing unit and functional tests, and following continuous integration principles
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or training in a software development focused bootcamp program
- Experience debugging and profiling iOS applications
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools like Jenkins or Travis CI
- Ability to independently set tasks and complete work with limited direction
- Ability to devise creative technical solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
iHeartRadio is now the number one commercial podcast publisher globally! We connect fans with their favorite music and radio by offering users thousands of live radio stations, personalized custom artist stations created by just one song or seed artist, and the top podcasts and personalities. We have continued to build on our position as the only major multi-platform audio company, with a reach extending across more than 250 platforms, 2,000 different connected devices, and 135 million registered users. Most recently we acquired Jelli (our technology platform for targeted advertisements) as well as Stuff Media (owner of How Stuff Works content). Outside of the U.S., we are in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and Mexico!