iHeartRadio is seeking a Marketing Manager to join our new Nashville iHeartRadio tech hub! This is an exciting opportunity to be one of the first people on the ground as we open our second ever iHeartRadio HQ. The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing overall integrated marketing programs and driving engagement among users of the iHeartRadio digital services, across email, push and in-app channels. These are campaigns that drive subscriptions, unique app opens, total listening hours and reduce listener churn.
In this role, your mandate is to keep listeners engaged on iHeartRadio by designing both high impact and highly personalized campaigns, touching tens of millions of music fans. Developing processes, systems and an internal systems infrastructure to scale promotions across the growing user base is a critical component of the job. The position requires a person with an entrepreneurial mindset, a test, analyze and learn orientation, creativity and deep quantitative skillset.
- Defining and driving user engagement strategy to reach key product listening goals; spanning broader content programs, integrated marketing campaigns and individualized outreach and triggered communication
- Developing, leading and managing cross-platform, world-class integrated marketing programs that are on-brand, stand out in the marketplace and fully leverage streaming platforms
- Participating in brand positioning strategy work
- Managing the email development process, including ideation, creative production, testing, deployment and reporting
- Working with product, data and development teams to define requirements and execute tailored campaigns
- Driving re-engagement efforts across email, push and in-product messages
- Formulating and executing A/B tests to continually improve user engagement strategy
- Using data to identify cohorts and prioritize opportunities to engage more effectively with listeners and drive desired engagement, trials and subscriptions
- Managing day-to-day email and other user messaging operations - ensuring high inbox deliverability, monitoring reputation scores, complying with industry best practices and managing relationship with ESPs
- Developing user base segmentation strategies (CRM) to optimize response to user messages, including leading internal or external Data Science resources to develop improved, personalized methodologies for targeting and reaching most responsive user groups
- Partnering with Analytics to identify key customer segments and cohort LTVs -- Drive acquisition and engagement with unique tactics and competitive offering for each audience
- Tracking, analyzing, and reporting results from marketing programs. Design customer feedback loops and cohort data that provides regular insights for enhancing strategy
- BA or BS degree; MBA a plus
- 8+ Years’ experience in a consumer facing digital marketing role
- 5+ years minimum focused on email marketing, CRM, and/or lifecycle marketing with significant emphasis on A/B testing, cohort targeting and conversion optimization
- 2+ years working with consumer mobile Apps
- 2+ years working on e-commerce businesses
- 2+ years managing direct reports, with proven leadership and management skills
- Strong analytical skills and background, including considerable experience with Excel and other analytics tools
- Excellent communicator, with ability to work effectively across functions. Strong communication skills, both written and verbally
- Ambitious, courteous, flexible, & curious personality traits.
- Ability to mix creativity with strategic thinking, and demonstrate strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Position requires an ‘always-on’ job mindset, with ability to respond after hours and on weekends
iHeartRadio is now the number one commercial podcast publisher globally! We connect fans with their favorite music and radio by offering users thousands of live radio stations, personalized custom artist stations created by just one song or seed artist, and the top podcasts and personalities. We have continued to build on our position as the only major multi-platform audio company, with a reach extending across more than 250 platforms, 2,000 different connected devices, and 135 million registered users. Most recently we acquired Jelli (our technology platform for targeted advertisements) as well as Stuff Media (owner of How Stuff Works content). Outside of the U.S., we are in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and Mexico!