iHeartMedia is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – and with its quarter billion monthly listeners, has a greater reach than any other media company in the U.S. The company’s leadership position in audio extends across multiple platforms including 850 live broadcast stations; streaming music, radio and on demand via its iHeartRadio digital service available across more than 250 platforms and 2,000 devices including smart speakers, digital auto dashes, tablets, wearables, smartphones, virtual assistants, TVs and gaming consoles; through its influencers; social; branded iconic live music events; and podcasts as the #1 commercial podcast publisher globally. iHeartMedia also leads the audio industry in analytics and attribution technology for its marketing partners, using data from its massive consumer base.
iHeartMedia is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to work with our team and quickly create innovative solutions to business challenges. This role works within our innovative ‘Quick Wins’ team, which focuses on creating solutions in 3 weeks. The best candidate will possess a wide array of technical skills and will use their experience to choose the best development platform to solve the problem. Should this be a Drupal based website, or a SharePoint Portal? A Salesforce workflow and form, or a custom C# .NET app? This position develops on a wide variety of platforms and tools, while collaborating closely with business leaders on rapid iterations in a fast-changing environment. The candidate will be responsible for a portfolio of applications and will be required to manage multiple simultaneous project initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for technology, strong communication skills, & have worked with different technologies. The ideal candidate is ambitious, creative, has attention to detail, collaborates well with others, and enjoys thriving in a fast-paced environment.
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Quickly build cutting edge business applications on a variety of platforms as well enhance pre-existing products built by other developers.
- Have conversations with business partners, distill requests to technical requirements and then build a solution.
- Be a full stack developer, setting up all the infrastructure needed to develop and deploy your application, from hosting setup, to databases, and then the user interface.
- Design and maintain functionality of web-based software sites.
- Create user-friendly web application designs, ensuring easy navigation, organized content and integrated graphics and audio that appeal to targeted audience.
- Sets monitors for performance and capacity.
- Delivers high quality software components with minimal defects; identifies and resolves errors and related software problems.
- Conduct demos to glean feedback, action items, and outcomes for individual deliverables.
- Proactively identify, circumvent, avoid and or resolve issues and problems that have an adverse impact on projects.
- Effectively support products created throughout their lifecycle.
- Work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Assisting and educating other team members with their projects as needed.
- BA/BS in computer science, engineering, or a related field. Equivalent work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years of experience in a business software development role with a strong foundation in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET (C# and ASP in particular).
- 2+ years of experience in web, Internet or mobile technologies
- Strong database design and development skills (MS SQL and/or other RDBMS).
- Highly proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with business subject matter experts, interpret loose requirements and offer technical advice while building the applications.
- Excellent organizational skills, with an attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Highly focused and self-motivated with the ability to handle all aspects of the SDLC process independently.
- Thrive and enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills, highly organized and ability to embrace a high energy and fast paced environment.
- Proactive and results-oriented.
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum or Kanban).
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and collaboration with diverse groups of people with an ability to receive and provide constructive feedback.
- Uncompromising standards of quality in building and delivering solutions.
- Prior exposure to Sharepoint or Drupal CMS experience is a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian Tools (Confluence, Jira, Slack) is a plus.