We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) who has exposure to software engineering principles as well as solid operational fundamentals. In this role, you would be embedded into one of our more critically important engineering teams and represent DevOps philosophies to teammates eager to work with you. We share knowledge, responsibilities and value a culture of everyone being able to speak their mind and offer up constructive feedback.
- 1 - 4 years of overall experience
- Cloud engineering experience.
- Experience working on Kubernetes/Docker
- Participated in and contributed to team meetings and discussions.
- Demonstrated experience to resolve incidents, outages, and be part of an on-call rotation.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and propose solutions to engineering and infrastructure related problems.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Taken ownership of infrastructure components or designs either on your own or as part of a team.
- Experience with Observability is a big plus.
- Automating AWS infrastructure provisioning and configuration management, using tools like Ansible/Chef, Github/Travis/Jenkins and Terraform.
- Working with technologies such as AWS and Kubernetes.
- Providing engineers with the advice and tools they need to meaningfully monitor and alert on the services and features they develop, using tools like Prometheus/DataDog and PagerDuty.
- Collaborating with teammates and working cross-functionally with different engineering teams.
- Exploring and evaluating different open source tools.
In your first few months, you will be embedded with one of our engineering teams, reviewing stacks, infrastructure and monitoring while putting a premium on operational knowledge sharing and observability. You will be an important part of your host team's migration into Kubernetes, helping to understand the changes necessary to make that transition smooth. As you progress through that transition, enhancing observability and reliability along the way, you will begin to work with your team to identify needed automation and tooling, often being the core contributor to these tools. You will have the opportunity to work on more engineering tickets from your team in an effort to make you more familiar with the application level.
iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s digital radio platform, is the fastest growing digital audio service in the U.S. and offers users thousands of live radio stations, personalized custom artist stations created by just one song or seed artist, and the top podcasts and personalities. iHeartRadio is a great environment for people who like to innovate and have the power to influence decisions. We have 120+ million registered users across over 200 different platforms, and outside the US, we are in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and Mexico!