iHeartMedia is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – and with its quarter of a billion monthly listeners, has a greater reach than any other media company in the U.S. The company’s leadership position in audio extends across multiple platforms including 850 live broadcast stations; streaming music, radio and on demand via its iHeartRadio digital service available across more than 250 platforms and 2,000 devices including smart speakers, digital auto dashes, tablets, wearables, smartphones, virtual assistants, TVs and gaming consoles; through its influencers; social; branded iconic live music events; and podcasts as the #1 commercial podcast publisher globally. iHeartMedia also leads the audio industry in analytics and attribution technology for its marketing partners, using data from its massive consumer base.
The Software Engineer within our team is someone who can quickly create innovative solutions to business challenges. This role works within our innovative ‘Quick Wins’ team which focuses on creating solutions in 3 weeks. The best candidate will possess a wide array of technical skills and knowledge and will use their experience to choose the best platform to solve the problem. Should this be a Drupal based website, or a SharePoint Portal? A Salesforce workflow and form, or a custom C# .NET app?
This position develops on a wide variety of platforms and tools, while collaborating closely with business leaders on rapid iterations in a fast-changing environment. This position requires a self-motivated and organized professional with at least 3 years development experience. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for technology, strong communication skills, & have worked with different technologies. The ideal candidate is ambitious, creative, has attention to detail, collaborates well with others, and enjoys thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Quickly build cutting edge applications on a variety of platforms
- Have conversations with business partners, distill requests to technical requirements and then build a solution
- Be a full stack developer, setting up all the infrastructure needed to develop and deploy your application, from hosting setup, to databases, and then the user interface
- Design and maintain functionality of web-based software sites
- Create user-friendly web application designs, ensuring easy navigation, organized content and integrated graphics and audio that appeal to targeted audience
- Sets monitors for performance and capacity
- Delivers high quality software components with minimal defects; identifies and resolves errors and related software problems
- Conduct demos to glean feedback, action items, and outcomes for individual deliverables
- Proactively identify, circumvent, avoid and or resolve issues and problems that have an adverse impact on projects
- Effectively support products created throughout their lifecycle
- Work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Assisting team members with their challenge
- 3+ years’ experience in a development role with a strong foundation in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET (C# and ASP in particular)
- 3+ years’ experience in web, internet or mobile technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Highly proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work extremely closely with business subject matter experts, interpret loose requirements and offer technical advice while building the applications
- Excellent organizational skills, with an attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Highly focused and self-motivated
- Thrive and quickly execute in an environment of rapid change, minimal structure, and high expectations
- Proactive and results-oriented
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum or Kanban)
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and collaboration with diverse groups of people with an ability to receive and provide constructive feedback
- Uncompromising standards of quality in building and delivering solutions.
- Database design and development (MySQL or MS SQL)
- Sharepoint or Drupal CMS experience preferred