We are looking for a detail-oriented software engineer to join our backend services team. Our team develops the core APIs that power the client applications used by millions of users daily. We primarily use Scala and deploy/run our code in Kubernetes. We also create and maintain some data pipelines to import/export data to other internal consumers. As part of our team, your responsibilities would include designing/building new features, maintaining high code quality via tests/code reviews/metrics, and keeping a focus on continuous improvement on all parts of the development process. Our team takes prides in having high quality code and developing in a principled fashion.
- Working in a strongly typed language with compile time guarantees
- Being able to pick the best tool to get the job done
- Designing, developing, and deploying scalable services to support new and existing functionality
- Working in an environment where testing, monitoring, and reliability are part of the development process
- Collaborating and working closely within team/engineering as well as cross-functional teams
- Working on systems that are used by millions of users every day
- Solid experience with the JVM and Scala (preferably) or another functional programming language
- Experience working in high scale/distributed systems where high availability, low latency and scalability is key
- Strong experience working with concurrent and asynchronous programming
- Understanding of algorithms and data structure and how to apply them when designing and building systems
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL systems such as MongoDB, DynamoDB, PostgresQL
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with continuous deployment and testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
iHeartRadio is now the number one commercial podcast publisher globally! We connect fans with their favorite music and radio by offering users thousands of live radio stations, personalized custom artist stations created by just one song or seed artist, and the top podcasts and personalities. We have continued to build on our position as the only major multi-platform audio company, with a reach extending across more than 250 platforms, 2,000 different connected devices, and 135 million registered users. Most recently we acquired Jelli (our technology platform for targeted advertisements) as well as Stuff Media (owner of How Stuff Works content). Outside of the U.S., we are in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and Mexico!