iHeartRadio is seeking multiple talented Software Engineers to join our Web engineering team in our new Nashville iHeartRadio tech hub! This is an exciting opportunity to be one of the first people on the ground as we open our second ever iHeartRadio HQ. This Engineer will assist in developing our web platform. In this role, expect to be involved in building new core features, improving developer experience / workflows, and scaling our codebase to meet future needs.
The right candidate has experience working with applications in a high traffic ecosystem and can identify issues before they become major problems through monitoring and analytics. This person will also understand application level design patterns and can break down complex tasks in clear and concise ways. If you have a strict attention to detail and are comfortable learning and applying the newest concepts within our industry, then this role could be a great fit. Jump into our tech stack (node / react / redux / flow / es2015 / webpack / docker) and make a difference. We thrive in the bleeding edge of our industry and are always looking to push ourselves and our platform further. If you feel that mobile web is an area of untapped potential, this is the role for you!
- Developing and deploying new features and enhancements on iheart.com
- Proposing and advocating for clean, functional design systems
- Writing clean, maintainable, and testable code
- Producing responsive and cross browser/platform features
- Building reusable components and scalable architecture
- Introducing and understand development best practices, usability, and semantics
- Building tools to help diagnose problems
- Using metrics to improve application load and performance
- Mentoring junior developers
- 2+ years of experience developing data-driven web applications
- Experience with application frameworks / libraries (React / Vue/ Angular / Ember / Backbone etc), React a must have
- Some experience with front-end performance optimization techniques
- Knowledge of HTML semantics, web api's, the DOM API, CSS fundamentals and the basics of HTTP, knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, new APIs and HTTP2
- Experience in monitoring Client applications
- Desire to continuously learn new languages, platforms, and skills
iHeartRadio is now the number one commercial podcast publisher globally! We connect fans with their favorite music and radio by offering users thousands of live radio stations, personalized custom artist stations created by just one song or seed artist, and the top podcasts and personalities. We have continued to build on our position as the only major multi-platform audio company, with a reach extending across more than 250 platforms, 2,000 different connected devices, and 135 million registered users. Most recently we acquired Jelli (our technology platform for targeted advertisements) as well as Stuff Media (owner of How Stuff Works content). Outside of the U.S., we are in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and Mexico!