iHeartRadio is seeking multiple talented Sr. Android engineers to join our world class Android engineering team in our new Nashville iHeartRadio tech hub! This is an exciting opportunity to be one of the first people on the ground as we open our second ever iHeartRadio HQ. The iHeartRadio Android team is driven to build great Android apps and to work within a fast-paced Agile team structure to release them. An ideal candidate has had some professional experience building Android apps, is a self-starter, and passionate about both the Android development life cycle as well as new developments in the Android ecosystem.
In this role, you’d work on platform-wide initiatives such as podcasting, or new feature builds alongside senior engineering talent. We write Kotlin and Espresso, RxJava, experiment in Flutter, participate in and contribute to open source, and have a strong team culture, emphasizing engineer growth, collaboration and Android excellence.
- Work with the Android Team to develop and deploy new features on iHeart Android apps
- Maintain common code libraries used in phones, tablets, TVs, smart watches and automobiles
- Maintain high unit test coverage and continuous integration principles
- Contribute to an environment of excellence, through code design, code reviews
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional experience with the Android platform
- Experience with continuous integration tools and automated testing frameworks preferred
- Ability to independently set tasks and complete work with limited direction
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex, Agile environment and maintain high productivity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
iHeartRadio is now the number one commercial podcast publisher globally! We connect fans with their favorite music and radio by offering users thousands of live radio stations, personalized custom artist stations created by just one song or seed artist, and the top podcasts and personalities. We have continued to build on our position as the only major multi-platform audio company, with a reach extending across more than 250 platforms, 2,000 different connected devices, and 135 million registered users. Most recently we acquired Jelli (our technology platform for targeted advertisements) as well as Stuff Media (owner of How Stuff Works content). Outside of the U.S., we are in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and Mexico!