iHeartRadio is seeking a UX Designer to join our new Nashville iHeartRadio tech hub! This is an exciting opportunity to be one of the first people on the ground as we open our second ever iHeartRadio HQ. iHeartRadio's Junior Product Designer will serve as the creative influence behind the development of digital products. The Junior Product Designer will work closely with Product Managers, Developers and other Product Designers on developing new features, updating existing UI for consistency and constantly be up-to-date on platform-specific best practices. The Product Designer will also be responsible for delivering wireframes, user flows, user testing, low-fidelity designs, high-fidelity designs, specs, and assets.
- Working closely with Product Managers, Developers and the rest of the Design Team to deliver exceptional product enhancements with the user in mind, ensure optimal technical implementation and meet scheduled deadlines.
- Routinely handling product design projects including design research, user research, user testing, wireframes, user flows, prototypes, animations, high-fidelity designs, specs, asset delivery, and user assurance testing (UAT).
- Using data gathered from user testing and the Analytics team to produce compelling, data-driven concepts and user flows.
- Producing prototypes and/or animations for the purpose of clearly communicating transitions and functionality to developers as well as a presentation tool for getting stakeholder approvals.
- Setting up and/or updating existing Sketch files for marketing team and exports graphics for use on web, print or in video.
- Minimum 1 year of experience designing for launched products
- Portfolio shows projects with solutions that solve function-level problems
- Have worked within a process established by team lead
- Able to collaborate with Product Managers, Development, QA, Analytics, and Customer Service to uncover problem areas
- Has basic understanding of user experience design and process
- Strong in user research, information architecture, interaction design, typography, usability standards, iconography, user interface design, and writing
- Maintains professionalism, has excellent listening and communication skills, respects peers, contributes as an integral team member, open to learning new skills, able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment with constantly changing factors.
- Proficient in Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
Nice to Have:
- Experience designing Android, iOS apps that have been launched on mobile and tablet sizes
- Experience designing for responsive web (mobile-first approach)
- Experience designing for TV applications and connected devices
- Knowledge in front-end development (eg: HTML, CSS)
- Experience with prototyping (eg: Invision, Principle, AfterEffects)
- Experience in putting together a HIG
- Experience in using project management tools like Asana/Wrike/Jira
- Strong illustration and animation skills
iHeartRadio is now the number one commercial podcast publisher globally! We connect fans with their favorite music and radio by offering users thousands of live radio stations, personalized custom artist stations created by just one song or seed artist, and the top podcasts and personalities. We have continued to build on our position as the only major multi-platform audio company, with a reach extending across more than 250 platforms, 2,000 different connected devices, and 135 million registered users. Most recently we acquired Jelli (our technology platform for targeted advertisements) as well as Stuff Media (owner of How Stuff Works content). Outside of the U.S., we are in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and Mexico!