iHeartRadio is seeking a UX Lead to join our new Nashville iHeartRadio tech hub! This is an exciting opportunity to be one of the first people on the ground as we open our second ever iHeartRadio HQ. Creating enjoyable digital experiences is central to iHeartRadio wanting to be a music lover’s first destination on any platform. As a Platform Lead for either IOS, Android or Web, you'll spearhead the customer centric design process, bringing the voice of our user to the fore, in the creation of new customer journeys that are holistic, intuitive, relevant and personal to them.
To achieve great outcomes, you'll need to be highly collaborative not only within the UXD team but also with product managers, engineers, marketers, data scientists and customer care partners. You'll need to intimately understand the customer centered design process and be a great storyteller because you'll be responsible for taking other teammates and stakeholders on the design journey with you, making sure the team remains focused on who we're designing for, what problem we're solving, and what the future looks like.
You'll need to be experienced and excited about solving complex design challenges, particularly in the mobile, tablet, and adaptive/responsive web arena. Native iOS/Android/responsive design expertise is highly desirable. What's most important is that you provide thought leadership, champion design thinking and have a strong desire to create meaningful, relevant experiences that our customers will love.
- Creating enjoyable digital experiences – this is central to iHeartRadio wanting to be a music lover's first destination on any platform
- Leading a customer centric design process, bringing the voice of the user to the fore, creating new customer journeys that are holistic, intuitive, relevant and personal to users on either IOS, Android or Web
- Achieving great outcomes through collaborating not only within a UXD team, but also with product managers, engineers, marketers, data scientists and customer care partners
- Telling stories that take other teammates and stakeholders on a design journey with you, making sure the team remains focused on who they’re designing for, what problem they’re solving, and what the future looks like
- Solving complex design challenges, particularly in the mobile, tablet, adaptive/responsive web arena
- Providing thought leadership, championing design thinking and having a strong desire to create meaningful, relevant experiences that customers will love
- 5-7 years of customer centered design experience, with a focus on digital and end-to-end experience design; 2-3 of those years in senior roles, either agency side or in-house
- Extensive experience in design research, prototyping and testing designs with customers
- Demonstrated expertise turning design research into tangible, actionable design outcomes
- Great articulation and collaboration skills that are second nature to you -- you must be able to effectively communicate and present your design rationale to stakeholders
- Previous experience working in design projects with multidisciplinary co-located teams
- A portfolio demonstrating mobile solutions that represent the most user-centric intersection of content, business, technology, and design
- Expert knowledge of mobile user-centered design principles, UX Design best practices, trends and emerging technologies for iOS, Android and Web
- High degree of creativity and problem solving
- Strong conceptual, visual and analytical skills - relentless attention to detail and to consistency
iHeartRadio is now the number one commercial podcast publisher globally! We connect fans with their favorite music and radio by offering users thousands of live radio stations, personalized custom artist stations created by just one song or seed artist, and the top podcasts and personalities. We have continued to build on our position as the only major multi-platform audio company, with a reach extending across more than 250 platforms, 2,000 different connected devices, and 135 million registered users. Most recently we acquired Jelli (our technology platform for targeted advertisements) as well as Stuff Media (owner of How Stuff Works content). Outside of the U.S., we are in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and Mexico!