iHeartRadio helps you find a listening experience you'll love with the least amount of friction. A full audio service, we provide the best live radio, artist stations, playlists, podcasts, and streaming music all in one app. We deliver all of this as a companion who knows your likes and dislikes, and uses that understanding to help organize, contextualize, and recommend the most relevant content for you.
User Experience (UX) Research answers the most challenging questions in design. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviours, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create.
As a UX researcher, you will help define and drive the future of iHeartRadio's experiences. You will reveal what our users need from our products by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviours and motivations of our users, and work with teams of Designers, Product Managers, Marketers, Engineers, and others to develop new features. You'll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering exciting oral, written, and visual presentations about our findings. Most importantly, your job as a researcher is to help the UX team understand what would make a user's experience feel more intuitive, seamless, accessible, fun-and more human.
In this role, you will evaluate all features contributing to user experience, providing expertise, collaborating across internal multidisciplinary teams, and occasionally lead projects. You contribute new processes and identify product and use requirements. User experience is at the forefront of how we create experiences that people love.
Our work connects fans with their favourite music and personalities every day while exemplifying our core mission to provide with humanity-a service for music and podcast lovers run by music and podcast lovers.
- Collecting and analysing user behaviour through quantitative and qualitative data
- Working with UX designers, product managers, engineers, marketers, analytics, and data teams to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing agile environment
- Understanding and incorporating complex technical and business requirements into research
- Advocating research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations
- A BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-3 years of work experience in an applied research setting, including experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Experience in on-site user testing, guerilla testing, focus groups, A/B testing, benchmark studies, surveys, beta group studies and/or field studies
- Experience in usability testing tools, such as UserTesting, etc
- Understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods
- Excellent working knowledge of statistics and principles of experiment design
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills, and an ability to present design rationales to stakeholders and partner teams
- A passion for music and the audio universe
iHeartRadio is now the number one commercial podcast publisher globally! We connect fans with their favorite music and radio by offering users thousands of live radio stations, personalized custom artist stations created by just one song or seed artist, and the top podcasts and personalities. We have continued to build on our position as the only major multi-platform audio company, with a reach extending across more than 250 platforms, 2,000 different connected devices, and 135 million registered users. Most recently we acquired Jelli (our technology platform for targeted advertisements) as well as Stuff Media (owner of How Stuff Works content). Outside of the U.S., we are in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and Mexico!